The world of weight loss and supplements is full of fake products, inaccurate claims, and inconclusive scientific evidence advertised as facts. Some companies use low-quality ingredients, other do not advertise their side effects, and most scientifically proven solutions to lose weight need a prescription. However, in this article we are going to review an effective pill with no need for prescription which has proven to be an effective weight-loss tool when diet and exercise alone are not enough.
Phen375 is not a multivitamin, but it contains a series of ingredients, all of them proven to have a positive effect in obese individuals. The product has a threefold action to reduce your weight: it will speed up your metabolism, help you control your appetite, and give you energy for your workouts.
- Speeds up your metabolism: There’s something called basal metabolic rate, which is how much calories your body burns at rest to keep you breathing, to maintain your muscles toned, and to keep you warm. The ingredients in Phen375 increases the rate of thermogenesis, which is the creation of heat out of calories, and that’s how you will end up burning more calories, even if you don’t realize
- Helps you control your appetite: The nervous and hormonal balance between hunger and satiation is quite complex, not only relying on feeling your empty stomach. Instead, there’s a lot of hormones, enzymes, and molecules interacting with each other to deliver the final message. Some ingredients found in Phen375 are appetite-suppressant, which means they interact with your gut and your brain to make you feel more satiated with less food. That’s definitely going to help you stick with your diet.
- Gives you more energy: Phen375 is also a reliable ally for your workouts, and it can be used as a pre-workout supplement. There are ingredients in this supplement that would improve your physical performance at the gym, increasing your focus, awareness and power when performing your exercises.
A thorough analysis of the ingredient list
But let’s cut the general talk and start analyzing the specifics. If we go to the label, the ingredient list has up to 7 ingredients we will further analyze. For each one, we will mention the effect it will have on your body, the possible mechanism and possible side effects you might experience.
- Calcium (carbonate): Calcium is classically linked with bone health, but its applications go beyond that primary line of action. Calcium is necessary to power up your muscles and stimulate contraction, and it has been found to improve weight loss in several lines of investigation. As a result of a healthy calcium balance, your body will reduce the rate of fat storage and stimulate your muscular strength. There are not many side effects if you consume calcium, maybe some minor bloating effects in your gastrointestinal system, and not everyone experiences it.
- Chromium (picolinate): A trace element found in many vegetables and whole grains, chromium improves our blood sugar control, facilitates the utilization of fuel by your cells, and slows down your cravings. It does so by improving your insulin sensitivity, which may be the reason for your sugar cravings, and your weight-loss rebound. It is a safe trace element, sometimes causing headaches, nausea and dizziness as side effects, but only in exceptional cases.
- L-carnitine (L-tartrate): It is one of the most popular weight-loss supplements because L-carnitine is necessary to allow fat molecules inside the mitochondria so you can burn them to get energy. L-carnitine supplementation improves body composition in patients with different nutritional deficiencies, and it has been used successfully to promote weight loss in patients with an active physical routine. It’s a safe ingredient, sometimes causing an upset stomach or nausea as the most common side effect.
- Cayenne (Capsicum): An ingredient coming from chili peppers, capsicum induces your body to increase the production of heat. Thus, your body will start burning more calories to create this thermogenic effect, and your basal metabolic rate will increase. Similar to chili peppers, capsicum can cause heartburn because sometimes it acts as an irritant to your gastrointestinal system, especially in people who suffer from gastritis, or inflammatory diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Citrus Aurantium: It is a herb made from a citrus fruit tree with weight-loss properties. Studies show that, if you combine Citrus Aurantium with diet and exercise, you may obtain an extra weight-loss as it increases your thermogenesis rate, similar to what capsicum does. Citrus Aurantium might not be recommended for people who suffer from heart disease because it may increase your blood pressure and heart rate.
- Caffeine: Several studies have pointed out that caffeine is a powerful ergogenic aid, increasing your mental clearness, focus, and power during exercise. It has been found to improve your endurance during intense physical activity, and it is widely used as a pre-workout supplement by several trainers and coaches. Additionally, it has been found to suppress appetite and reduce the sensation of hunger that would fuel those sugar cravings. The most common side effect of caffeine is insomnia, which is the reason it is not recommended as a night supplement. You can also experience restlessness, increased heart rate, and other cardiovascular symptoms.
- Dendrobium Nobile Extract: It’s a popular plant used in decorations, but the root extract has been found to have fat burning properties. It has been used in Chinese medicine, and it apparently has a positive effect in athletic performance as well.
As you have seen, all of the ingredients in Phen375 has been chosen carefully to be a perfect complement if you already have an ongoing diet and live an active life. It is not a magic pill and it won’t make you change your size from thin air. Instead, it will facilitate your weight control with little to no side effects. As always, before starting a new treatment or supplement, it is recommended to ask your physician, especially if you have been diagnosed with cardiovascular problems, liver and kidney disease.